With around 23,500 students from 80 countries, Birmingham City University is a large, diverse and increasingly popular place to study. We put students at the heart of everything we do, giving them the best opportunities for future success. The university is made up of 4 faculties:
- Arts, Design and Media (ADM)
- Business, Law and Social Sciences (BLSS)
- Computing, Engineering and the Built Environment (CEBE)
- Health, Education and Life Sciences (HELS)
Centre for Excellence in Learning and Teaching
We initiate and develop policy and support that enhances the quality of the student learning experience at Birmingham City University.
Building upon a strong partnership with Birmingham City Students’ Union, CELT provides guidance and funding that brings together innovators from across the University to drive forward the University Learning and Teaching Strategy.
CELT offers guidance and support to both staff and students through:
- Teaching Enhancement - Academic staff development in Learning & Teaching Practice (including HEA accreditation) and Curriculum Design
- Learning Technology - Academic staff development in Technology Enhanced Learning & Teaching (TELT)
- Learner Development - Student support and academic development through the Centre for Academic Success
- Student Engagement - Student support and professional development through Graduate+ and staff/student partnership projects
The University has an enviable reputation for providing quality, student-focused education in a professional and friendly environment.
Our superb courses, state-of-the-art facilities, first-rate staff, and focus on practical skills and professional relevance is producing some of the country’s most employable graduates.
We put £270 million into the regional economy and support thousands of jobs in the area. We're investing £260 million in our estate, including a major expansion of our city centre campus at Eastside, providing students with an enviable range of facilities. The Complete University Guide ranked us as a top 30 UK university for spending on facilities in 2015.
Our staff and student community is defined by our core values, which outline who we are as a University and how we will work with each other. Our core values are Excellence, People focused, Partnership working and Fairness and integrity.